HISTORY

The Wanha Satama storehouses were designed by architect Elia Heikel and completed in 1897 to provide storage for undeclared goods. There used to be a harbour railway line between the buildings that extended through the whole of central Helsinki and was used for transporting merchandise such as spices and coffee. In the 1980s the twin buildings Selja and Poppeli – Elder and Poplar – were transformed into a modern meeting place.